Support Morgan Fencing: Morgan Invitational JV Tournament Saturday, Feb. 18

Written by Dan Radka and Kitty Shortt |
    Photographs by Isabella Recine |

This Saturday, February 18, the Morgan Fencing team is hosting an invitational JV Foil tournament at The Morgan School. Eleven schools from around the state will be attending. The purpose of the tournament is to raise support for the sport and to raise money for the local food pantry through Fencers Bouting Hunger. Entry is free,but donations are encouraged. Any nonperishable food items are suggested.

This is an annual tournament, but this will be the first year we are hosting it in the New Morgan

The team would like to encourage the community of Morgan and the town, to come out and support our fencers while learning about a new sport and watching something they possibly haven’t witnessed before.Fencing

The tournament begins Saturday morning at 9:00 and should be over around 4:15, with the final bouts starting around 3. The fencing team will be selling concessions throughout the day to raise money for equipment.

Head Coach Jim Barnett said, “We ask that the teams and all spectators support our “Fencers Bouting Hunger” program by bringing non-perishable food items and leaving them at our collection table.  This food is brought by the team to the Clinton Food Pantry after the tournament with the help of Officer Pellegrini and the Clinton Police Department.  Over the last two years we have donated over 1000 pounds of food, and our goal this year is to collect more than 600 pounds.”

Please stop by and support The Morgan Fencing Team!

If you want more information about Fencers Bouting Hunger read the article by Jensen Garcia.