HE’S GOT TALENT

Written by Ashley Miller|

The Morgan School is filled with talented people who walk the halls undiscovered. Sophomore Quinn Pender’s talent is styling hair. When he was little he used to walk around carrying a blow dryer because he was so attached to it. Even as a young boy, he loved doing people’s hair. Quinn has been doing hair ever since he could remember. He learned to style and to dye hair by watching youtube videos and attending Vinal Tech for a short period of time where he worked on hair in actual classes.

At Vinal, he was going to work in the cosmetology class but then transferred to Morgan Highschool.  Quinn loves working on both boys’ and girls’ hair. Quinn also goes to a lot of hair appointments and watches professionals style and color hair.

Quinn wants to work in this field in the future at his own salon.  He’s been dying hair including his own for almost three years now. He gets experience trying new things by dying fake hair before doing real client’s hair.  In total, he’s done a total of 6 people’s hair (including mine), all of which turned out to be stunning.

Quinn wants his work to be seen throughout the school and the Shoreline. He’s creating a portfolio filled with images of his masterpieces. Not only does Quinn do hair, he also has a phenomenal eye for photography. After Quinn styles/dyes his client’s hair, he takes photos to upload to his Instagram page.

If any students at The Morgan High School or anyone on the Shoreline is interested in getting their hair dyed, trimmed or styled, contact Quinn through his hair Instagram account: @hairbyqep.