The Girls are Back

Written by Lindsay Harden |

With Homecoming over and football season in full swing, it only makes sense that it’s time for the annual Blondes vs. Brunettes Powderpuff game! This year the competition is heating up fast with both blonde and brunette seniors hungry for the W.

This game is especially near and dear to the senior’s hearts because they brought it back to Morgan their freshmen year, and it has been the biggest fundraiser for their class all four years.

Every year the senior football players take on the task of coaching the girls and teaching them all of the rules on how to play. Brunettes coaches this year are Seniors Madden Ward, Burton Caldwell, and Harry White. Madden is the quarterback of the Morgan Football team, and he said, “I enjoy coaching because I like to see the girls who aren’t really sure about playing having fun and learning plays” he also says “[he] like[s] to win” and has high hopes the Brunettes will come out victorious over the Blondes.  The Blondes are being coached by Seniors Matthew Capece, Dashaun James, and Zach McCray. Dashaun is “excited to win this year”.powderpuff blondes

The competition amongst the girls has been heating up since last year when the Brunettes won. Brunette Sophomore Caitlin Turner is very excited for this year because she had a lot of fun last year, she said, “I think we have a solid team with people who can be great at all the positions, and our coaches are great as well”. She is sad this is her last Powderpuff with the seniors that are graduating this year, and she will miss thempowderpuff brunettes very much.

Don’t let her hair color fool you, Senior Alex Church will play for the Blonde team again this year continuing her campaign #allhaircolorsmatter. She said, “I love Powderpuff and am very excited because we are seniors this year. Blondes taking the dub 2k16”. Senior Julia Zirkelbach, also a member of the Blondes says, “I think this year’s game is going to be the most important game out of all the years we’ve been here especially because we are seniors and brought Powderpuff back as freshmen… This game will be one for the books”.

As in the past, the boys will also be cheering the girls on and they will be performing a routine at halftime of the game. This year’s cheer squad looks small, but let’s hope they can still have big spirit!

Be sure to come to Powderpuff on Monday, November 21st, 2016 at 6pm at Joel. It is sure to be a game you won’t want to miss.