Morgans Alumni: Where are they now?

Each year Morgans seniors graduate and move on to live their lives as adults. But what is life like after Morgan? Where have our alumni ended up? To get an idea of life after Morgan, we turned to Morgans alumni.

image (1)

Lyssa Hurlburt

“I thought it would be a lot more nerve wracking and terrifying being an “adult”, but it’s not that bad” stated alumni Lyssa Hurlburt. Lyssa graduated high school last year, along with the class of 2015. “However, I regret my decision of going to community college for two years first. I mean I think it’s a great idea for some people, but I wasn’t happy about it to begin with. So moral of the story is don’t second guess yourself on what you want to do. I’m hoping to transfer to a 4 year school and as of now my top two schools are Johnson & Wales University and Temple University.”

image

Maddi Roman

Class of 2014 Maddi Roman saw her world grow after she entered Hofstra. “When you live in a small town like Clinton, the world seems very small. After high school, my world became much larger. I attend Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY. I’m leaning towards declaring a major of PR; I will decide by the end of this semester. I am currently involved in club soccer, which has been a great experience and decision.” Not only did Maddi see her world grow, but she also saw herself evolve. “Leaving home and attending school has made me an entirely different person. I have watched my friends change and grow as well. My confidence has increased a significant amount throughout the process of small-town life to a decent sized and foreign university.”

Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson has made his home at Central Connecticut University pursuing his love for music. “Life after Morgan is busy, but with much more freedom than life in Morgan was. It gives you the opportunity to be independent. I’m at Central rooming with Jack (Canning). Rooming with a friend is definitely a different experience because their problems become yours and vice versa. As far as challenges go, most college kids have 4 to 6 classes a semester, I have 11. But I’m confident that I’m in a major that I want to pursue, so I know that it’ll be worth it.”

Alan Esposito 

Alan Esposito graduated along with the class of 2015 and is attending Rhode Island College where he is playing tennis. “My life has changed a lot over the last month in a half. First off I have had a lot more free time than I would have expected. Since I’m playing a sport I expected my days to be packed with study and then practice. I haven’t gotten a job on campus yet. After winter break, I’m going to start looking for one. Since college has started, I have felt myself mature greatly. Personally, I did not think I could make it in college because of how reliant I was on my parents. However, college turned me into an independent person. It’s hard to say whether or not I like my life better now. On one hand college grants me a lot more freedom and personal time, but on the other hand, I miss the aspect of knowing everyone like in high school. All in all though college has been a great experience, and I’m looking forward to the next three years of my life.”

Mike Rapuano

Mike Rapuano graduated along with the class of 2013 “Right now it’s school, and when I’m home it’s work and hanging out with friends and trying to have a good time. Now it’s like real world. I’d rather be a kid again- or be this age with no responsibility. I go to Western New England, but I’m looking to transfer depending on if I can afford it or if I find something else I want to do. You got to save the money, and I think I want to experience something different. I’m thinking of going to a bigger school definitely, just to experience what that’s like. I struggled a little bit last semester, and there was a possibility I wasn’t going to be able to come back, and that’s when I realized that you had to get your act together and focus, so that way you can go to school, enjoy school, and take advantage of any opportunities.”

Rob Blanco

Robert Blanco graduated along with the class of 2013 and has made travel one of his passions. Rob recently traveled to Columbia and strongly believes that everyone should get out of their comfort zone and experience the world. “Every day that I am out and doing something I mature a little bit, and I’ll learn something. If you haven’t traveled, travel. If you haven’t traveled out of the country, do it, because it’s amazing. Everything is crazy everywhere else. I went to college for a year. I figured out that it is a little harder than high school. So study up definitely. I recommend taking AP classes in high school to get yourself ready. You write a ton, and I wasn’t ready for it. I mean I did it, but it was hard. I learned how to study for 12 hours in a row without sleeping at all. Before it was pressure to go to college and do something. Now it’s more like a pressure to find a career so I can get out of my parents’ house. It’s like get your life started, and get out there because you are wasting time. If I don’t find a job through the military or something, I’ll probably go to college either in state or out of state for in state tuition if I can find a school that offers that.”

image

Jess Choronzy 

Class of 2012 Jess Choronzy has made her way back to Morgan as the Girls Soccer Assistant Coach. “After high school, I went to Western Connecticut, and I played soccer there for three years, and then my senior year I transferred to Southern so I could finish school, get my degree in criminal justice. Right now I am part time at school. I take classes three times a week from about noon until four. I have two part time jobs. I work at Nike, and I also work for a photography company. I am planning on going to an accelerated nursing school next year in Boston, and that’s a twenty two month program to get an RN degree. I am back at Morgan because I love soccer so much, and I love being apart of it, but unfortunately with all the injuries and tearing my acl four times, that got stripped from me. I wasn’t allowed to play anymore. I had to find a different way to be in the game. This opportunity opened up, and I took it, and it’s been a great two months so far.”

Tori and her mother

Tori Hopkins 

After graduating along with the class of 2015, Tori decided to continue her basketball career at Haverford. “I’m taking elementary Latin, Spanish, Calculus 2, and Chemistry. I play on the Haverford College Women’s Basketball team, and the official season starts in two weeks. Pre-season has been a lot of fun and I am glad that I decided to play a sport in college. I was able to come on campus with an immediate friend group. This friend group has been beneficial in terms of school and social life. You have people to help you with homework when you are struggling and friends to go hang out with on the weekends. Partaking in a sport is also keeping me in shape and healthy, and I am enjoying being part of a sports team so much that I am considering walking on for the Haverford College Softball team here.”