Morgan Seniors Go Out In Style

Photo via PicGifs

Wriiten by Dan Zumpano |

Four years of blood sweat and tears on the athletic field all culminates into the final battle for seniors at Morgan. Thursday the seniors of the Morgan boys’ lacrosse team ended their long journey of lacrosse at Morgan. Seniors Evan Schiess, Jeremy Garbinski, Matt Laudano, Mike Short, Ryan Corcoran, Nate Corcoran and Tyler Costello were honored before the Huskies took on their rivals, the Valley Regional Warriors, who needed one more win to receive a birth in the state tournament. The Huskies would not make the state tournament this year, but they would make this senior night one that they would never forget.

Even though the seniors were being honored, the underclassmen were on fire offensively. Freshman attack man, Chris Waterbury, had 5 goals and 1 assist for the Huskies, while junior attack man, Nick Testoni, added 4 more goals and 4 more assists to his already sparkling career resume. He finished the season 12th in the state in goals with 44. Junior midfielder Marc Simmons, sophomore attack man, Luke Alfano, and freshman midfielder Joe Lee each added one goal.

With solid defensive performances by senior defenseman, Matt Laudano, the Huskies were able to keep Valley’s star players like Tazer Landow and Ian Russell at bay. Sophomore goalie Alex Eimutus had 9 saves as the Huskies beat the Warriors for the second time this year 12 to 4.

The Huskies lose key players on defense but have some young guns ready to take over the reins.  Sophomore Mark Zumpano, junior Gilson Martins and junior Zach Gedney are ready for the challenge. As for the offense, Coach Simmons will rely on his attackmen for next year. Nick Testoni, Luke Alfano and Chris Waterbury will be a big part of the Morgan offense. The Huskies finish the season this year at 6 and 10. Look for next year to be a breakout season for the Huskies. Congratulations to those seniors.