To Tan or Not to Tan?

To Tan or Not to Tan?
    To Tan or Not to Tan?

Written by Serafina Sicignano |

Tanning is acceptable if it is a month before prom.I have a month tanning membership, and I plan on getting my moneys worth. Since my membership began three days ago, I have gone tanning twice. I used to think that only people like “the tanning mom” got skin cancer. It is just shocking that magazines are promoting not just sunless tanning but speaking out against tanning beds. How can magazines support sunless tanning in a country filled with tanning salons and tanned celebs? There is an article on seventeen.com, “Glow Your Own Way,” which is dedicated to skin protection, advocating for sunless tanning, and showing real life stories of teens who had skin cancer. Since reading this article, I have had second thoughts about tanning.The author explains how to keep a natural summer glow all year long without using a tanning bed. Some of the problems with sunless tanning, such as streaking and longevity are eliminated by using this method. There is another article on seventeen.com  which gives tips on what to do before going to get a spray tan to avoid streaks and an orange color. The article made me want to try a spray tan! Although I am going to use my membership at the tanning salon, after the summer, I intend to give this bed-less method a try.